Letterkenny Child Devolopment Center
Army Child Youth & School Services…………KEEPING THE PROMISE TO MILITARY FAMILIES
The Mission of Letterkenny Registrar is to provide Army Families with dependable, affordable and timely Child and Youth activity opportunities.
The Letterkenny Registrar is your gateway for registering for child care. Before children can receive any services on the
depot they must be registered at Parent Central Services.
Currently, the yearly registration fees are paid through Army Family Covenant; therefore there is no registration cost. Please call to schedule an appointment to register your children.
One of the main goals that Parent Central Services strives for is to provide continuity of care to ensure stabilization of Families who have a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) to Letterkenny Army Depot or when Families transition from civilian childcare to Army childcare. The technology we use connects us to all the Army Installations, making the registration process almost seamless. This global connectivity helps expedite the Family stabilization process and ensures the gaining installation meets their objective to provide a thorough, efficient transition for relocating Families. We take pride in providing world class service to our Army Families, remembering that Family stability is a critical component for a Soldier's readiness.
Items needed for CYS Services Registration:
• Completed Registration Packet
• Allergy/Asthma Action Plan (if applicable)
• Current Immunizations/Shot Record Mandatory to be registered
• Two Local Emergency Designees and Phone Numbers
• AKO or other E-mail Address
• Family Care Plan for dual and single military member
• Health Assessment
• Home/Work/Cell Phone Numbers
• LES/Pay Stub
Multiple Child Discount
Parents will receive a 15% discount for siblings in the full and part-time programs. If more than one child in a family is enrolled in care within the same community, the parent pays the full rate for the most expensive program and all other children in the same family receive a 15% discount when enrolled in full day or part day programs. Multiple child discounts do not apply to hourly programs.
Information Hand Outs and Forms
Child Development Centers are Morale Support Fund Activities. They are supported by a combination of user fees and appropriated fund support. There is a sliding scale based on the Total Family Income (TFI) for full and part day programs and a flat rate for hourly care. Parent fees do not pay the full cost of care. All parents are subsidized whether they are in Category I or category IX. Childcare fees are subject to change, but parents will be given a minimum of 30 days notice before changes are made.
- Application for Department of Defense (DoD) Child care fees DA Form 2652 (PDF)
- (CDS) Health Assessment/Sports Physical Statement (HASPS) DA Form 5223-R (PDF)
- Child Development Services (CDS) Sponsor Consent DA Form 5222-R (PDF )
- Child Development Services (CDS) Child and Family Profile DA Form 5224-R (PDF)
- Child Development Services (CDS) Sponsor/Program Agreement DA Form 5226-R (PDF)
- Child Youth School Services Health Screening Tool DA 7625-1 (PDF)
- Child Adult food Form (PDF)
- Current Insurance Form (PDF)
- Emergency Contact Form (PDF)
- Home Language Survey (English) (PDF)
- Home Language Survey (Spanish) (PDF)
- Request for Care Record DD Form 2606 (PDF)
- Registration Card DA 4719 (PDF)
- USDA PA Single/Multi-Child meal benefit form (PDF)
Special Needs Assessment Forms
Additional paper work can be obtained by calling or stopping by the CDC at Phone: (717) 267-5219
3201 Georgia Avenue
Letterkenny Army Depot
Chambersburg, PA 17201
Phone: (717) 267-5219
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 5:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(Closed Federal Holidays)
Letterkenny's Child Development Center - Joint Partners with
Carlisle Barracks (E)