Letterkenny Contracting Office
Providing a highly skilled professional workforce committed to acquisition excellence.
Letterkenny Contracting Office’s mission is to support the soldier around the world.
DOING BUSINESS WITH LETTERKENNY ARMY DEPOT
- Question: Where do I learn how to do business with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Letterkenny Army Depot?
- Answer: The Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) has an excellent website at http://business.defense.gov
- Know what you are selling.
- Many government product/service listings and future procurements are broken down by North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes.
- Question: What do I need in order to do business with Letterkenny Army Depot?
- Answer: Companies must have the following:
- A Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number. This is assigned by Dun & Bradstreet, Inc (D&B) to identify unique business entities.
http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform or call (866)705-5711
- A Cage Code which can be requested from the Defense Logistics Services Center at this website: https://cage.dla.mil/
- Current registration in the System for Award Management (SAM). The registration must be completed prior to award of any contract. Any time there is a change in status, it is necessary for the company to update their information. https://www.sam.gov
- Online Representations and Certifications (ORCA) Application is completed at the System for Award Management (SAM) website. https://www.sam.gov
- Question: What does Letterkenny Army Depot purchase?
- Answer: Top 20 NAICS Codes:
- 332813 Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing and Coloring
- 811310 Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance
- 333618 Other Engine Equipment Manufacturing
- 236210 Industrial Building Construction
- 321212 Softwood Veneer and Plywood Manufacturing
- 336350 Motor Vehicle Transmission and Power Train Parts Manufacturing
- 336419 Other Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Parts and Auxiliary Equipment Manufacturing
- 336992 Military Armored Vehicle, Tank and Tank Component Manufacturing
- 541519 Other Computer Related Services
- 562991 Septic Tank and Related Services
- 332510 Hardware Manufacturing
- 335312 Motor and Generator Manufacturing
- 332999 All Other Miscellaneous Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing
- 333611 Turbine and Turbine Generator Set Unit Manufacturing
- 325998 All Other Miscellaneous Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing
- 812332 Industrial Launderers
- 811219 Other Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance
- 335931 Current-Carrying Wiring Device Manufacturing
- 334417 Electronic Connector Manufacturing
- 511210 Software Publishers
- For a list of projected requirements, visit our Competition Advocate Shopping List (CASL) website
- Under "Major Items/Services Projections"; Query All
- Select Office Name: Letterkenny Army Depot
- Select any other key words, claimant codes, etc. you would like to sort by.
- "Submit Query"
- Question: Where are federal business opportunities posted (including those for Letterkenny Army Depot)?
- Answer: For questions about your contract, contact the Contract Administrator assigned to the agency that awarded the contract. Vendors may also contact the small business specialist. Note: Have the contract number available prior to calling the small business specialist
- Question: How can I obtain assistance or training to prepare bid proposals or quotes?
- Answer: The Small Business Administration (SBA) provides valuable information (SBA contracting page ), small business size standards and training resources .
Another resource is the Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) . PTAC Centers are located in most states and are partially funded by DoD to provide small business concerns with information on how to do business with the DoD. They can provide in depth counseling on marketing and financial and contracting issues to small business concerns at minimal or no cost. Click on the above link to contact your local PTAC office.
- Question: How do I become familiar with the Federal contracting procedures and regulations?
- Answer: The following regulations govern contracting procedures within the Army and are available online.
- After you have viewed Letterkenny Army Depot’s website listing our products and capabilities and have identified that your company has capabilities that may satisfy Letterkenny Army Depot’s requirements, it is time to market your product or service. Present your capabilities clearly and concisely to Letterkenny Small Business Specialist and prime contractors to whom you are marketing.